Pages

weekend in photos - no. 1

Wednesday, June 1, 2016


I've been getting really good at having weekends. I'm one of those people who doesn't believe in housework or boring projects during the weekend. The weekends are for exploring, adventure, discovering yourself, discovering others. The laundry will have to wait, my dears. But if you want to do weekends right, do all the yucky grown up stuff before. Your weekends will thank you.

To make the weekends even more special & to remind myself that weekends are the time for adventure, I brought my little camera along with me for the entire ride & captured the big & small moments & everything else in between. And then I got a novel idea to turn it into a blog series: weekend in photos - a weekly blog series highlighting photos & moments from the weekend. Do bear in mind, I am an amateur, currently self-taught photographer. You might need to squint or take off your glasses, & if you don't need glasses, put glasses on - it always makes things fuzzy for me. ;) Any feedback or advice regarding my photography would be delightfully welcomed!

Taking a camera along with you teaches you a lot of things. It helps you see & cherish small things. The smallest things left the strongest impression on me. While I was in Salt Lake City, I spotted a cute little dry cleaners shop. In the window there was a sign that said they were celebrating 90 years in business. That 90 year old dry cleaners shop taught me something. You can be successful in anything that you do - even dry cleaning. The shop had a lot of character, as if it was a living, breathing part of the city. Someone had obviously put a lot of love into it.

That little shop taught me that you can live your dreams & leave a legacy, whatever it may be. There is no dream too small or too big. Who knows what 90 years will look like. The possibilities are limitless, & it's yours to take.

Toodles for now,

Kate x
 
Find me & follow, if it tickles your fancy:

*If you like this post, make sure to follow me here on my blog or on Bloglovin' to stay updated on new blog posts.*

2 comments:

  1. I love this little adventure! It looks like you had a wonderful time.

    xo, Angela
    angelamarieparr.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, Angela! It was a wonderful time. I'm so excited for this upcoming weekend.

      Kate x

      Delete

ABSOLUTE © 2016 | Template by Blogs & Lattes