Pages

Collective Vegan Beauty Haul

Thursday, May 5, 2016


Ever since I went vegan over a year ago, I have had so much fun building my makeup collection. It's like being 13 years old all over again & discovering the colorful, magical world of cosmetics. I've also encountered the challenges of having not only a completely vegan collection, but a green, natural collection, as well. Google search results are very overwhelming, so I have relied a lot from recommendations from other vegan, green bloggers instead. I want to spread the love of green vegan beauty products in the blog world too, as I have found them so helpful, so here are the products I've purchased since March until now. Let's get into it...

Items in this post:
  1. KYPRIS Clearing Serum 
  2. Pacifica Moisturize Energize Serum Wipes 
  3. Meow Meow Tweet Deodorant Cream – Baking Soda Free, Grapefruit
  4. 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Long Lasting Concealer: Crème
  5. Root Pretty Pretty Brush Cleaner
  6. Root Pretty 100% Lash Natural Mascara
  7. Root Pretty Vegan Shea Butter Lipstick – Bell
  8. Root Pretty Brow Powder - Golden Brown (Sells only pan now)
  9. Root Pretty Mineral Blush – Sadie
  10. Root Pretty Bronze Powder – Light
  11. Root Pretty Rose Glow Illuminator  
I'm horrible at taking my makeup off at nights, so I bought some wipes from Pacifica to help me get in the habit of removing my makeup in the evenings. These wipes have really helped with this & my skin is looking clearer. I've been suffering from a lot of break outs lately, so I also invested in KYPRIS Clearing Serum. I don't know how well it has worked so far, but it's at least helping me get into a skincare routine.
My underarms are extremely sensitive, so I am constantly trying new deodorants. I have tried Meow Meow Tweet's deodorants before but not the baking soda free one, so I decided to try it out. I think I have found the perfect deodorant for me. It's the best deodorant if you have sensitive skin.

I was also out of 100% Pure concealer from a previous haul, & I decided to try the Long Lasting Concealer this time instead of the Brightening Concealer. The concealer I got this time is much more dewy, which I like.
This Spring, I have discovered the lovely, lovely brand Root Pretty. I am in looooooove with their products! I have been stalking their Instagram accounts for months, & I decided to finally try out some of their products. Most of this haul is Root Pretty & I'm not ashamed of this at all. ;)
One of the first things I bought was the Root Pretty mascara & a brow powder. I was looking at the description of the mascara, which said it smells like vanilla, & that's all it took for me. Anything that smells like vanilla is golden in my book. I got the brow powder in Golden Brown, which is perfect if you have red or auburn hair. And it's not a successful makeup haul unless you add some lipstick! Root Pretty Lipstick in Bell is my new lipstick jam.
Recently, I have been more interested in doing a full face makeup look, with all the belles & whistles. When I did my face makeup, I would usually just brush on some foundation & add a bit of the one blush color I owned. But I have discovered the fun, ritualistic routine of using more than just two products for my face & having lots of different colors to choose from. I ordered a beautiful blush shade from Root Pretty called Sadie. It's this pretty, shimmery, pink/coral shade. It's perfect for a spring/summer look. I also bought some bronzer, because my winter face needs a bit of help. Haha! And it's such a light shade that it's even nice to wear on its own without blush, if you are going for a simple look.
From left to right: Root Pretty Mineral Blush in Sadie, Root Pretty Mineral Bronze Powder in Light, Root Pretty Rose Glow Illuminator, Root Pretty Brow Powder in Golden Brown.

A pretty illuminator caught my eye while I was shopping at Root Pretty, so I added that to my cart & I don't go anywhere without wearing it now. Don't skip the highlighter/illuminator! It makes all the difference. It's like the cherry on top when it comes to face makeup.

And that concludes my collective haul! Leave a comment & let me know if you would like me to review any of these products in a future post.

I hope you're all having a wonderful week! Make sure to follow my blog by joining the site on the side bar near the top, or follow me on Bloglovin' to stay up-to-date with new posts! ♡

Muah!

Kate x

3 comments:

  1. Those powders look gorgeous! I really need to get more Vegan makeup into my collection

    DippyWrites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! The way they set on my face is so nice. The bronzer is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

      Kate x

      Delete
  2. Ooh I've been looking for more natural makeup products and these sound so fab, definitely want to try the Root Pretty line!

    Anoushka Probyn - A London Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete

ABSOLUTE © 2016 | Template by Blogs & Lattes