Pages

tuesday's child

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace, 
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child who is born on the Sabbath Day
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.
  
I am Tuesday's child.

I have always loved astrology & birth signs, birth stones, birth flowers. I love the mystic & magical, & my favorite number is 13. So every Tuesday on my blog, I want to list 13 things I learned, observed, discovered, loved from the previous week since the last Tuesday. I love reflection & the power it holds. You can learn a lot through reflection, & my mind seems to work best in lists, hence my list of 13 things. I'm Kate & I have addiction to lists... it's fine... there is no stopping it, just send me lots of cute notebooks & journals, because I go through those babies faster than you can say 'Marry me, Christian Bale'.

Now that I've rambled on a bit & admitted a years-old crush (as in a crush that has lasted since the 90's when Mr. Bale graced us on screen, with his devilishly charming face & unbearably adorable, sexy lisp, as Laurie from Little Women), here are my thirteen things since Tuesday:

one: i began learning to play the electric guitar.
two: i will be purchasing a vintage piano, a bass guitar, a cello, & a red Nord keyboard this year. don't ask me how i will afford all of this. i don't know. all i know is that it's happening.
three: march 9th. you will see.
four: the New Moon is in Aquarius. that is all.
five: i perfected my natural makeup look.
six:  Kani Petal Polish Rose Face Mask saved my skin. brown sugar & rose is magic!
seven: 'Frank' on Netflix is worth the 1 hour & 36 minutes. watch the trailer here. PS i will be living in Ireland & writing an album one day.
eight: my depression hit another horrible low. i am owning these episodes, though. embrace your madness.
nine: i've accepted that i have strange sleep patterns & this doesn't have to be a bad thing. i use the late nights & early mornings to channel my creativity. '...what's the point of even sleeping? so i stopped sleeping, yeah i stopped sleeping...'
ten: i took out emotional trash. some people just aren't worth it. don't be afraid to say goodbye to toxic people in your life, no matter how close they may be to you.
eleven: i have this habit where i will put items in my online shopping basket, but i never buy anything. it has, somehow, become one of my favorite pass times.
twelve: i've been daydreaming of sunny days, flowy, patterned summer dresses, & picnics in the shade.
thirteen: music is everything.

What day's child are you? Leave a comment & tell me what you learned, discovered, or loved since your birth-weekday last week.

Toodles for now,


Kate x

10 comments:

  1. I was discussing this 'poem' the other day! I am really intrigued by all that stuff too. As for me, I am Saturday's child which I don't think is the day that describes me the best.. However I am an Aries and I feel that is 100% correct for me!


    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My partner is an Aries! I am a Sagicorn. ;) I am technically a Capricorn, but I was born on the very cusp, so I relate to both Sagittarius & Capricorn. I know an Aries is very passionate & independent, so in a way, Saturday fits your sign a little bit. Thank you for commenting!

      Kate x

      Delete
  2. I'm also a girl who loves lists, the more list, the better :P
    And Frank was such a great movie. A bit weird, but I liked it.

    Thanks for the nice words on my blog :)
    Greetings from Sweden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anna! Thank you so much for checking out my blog! 'Frank' is super quirky, I think that's why I loved it so much. It's definitely one of my favorites now.

      Kate x

      Delete
  3. Such a wonderful blog and I really admire that you are vegan; I would love to change my diet and become vegan x http://theworldofmegansmith.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! Being a vegan is the best thing I have ever done for myself. I plan on posting about my vegan lifestyle more often & sharing recipes & advice. I'm excited to check out your blog!

      Kate x

      Delete
  4. This was such an honest and lovely post to read. I'm so happy I found your blog.

    Mallory
    Perhaps Bananas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mallory! Your blog is one of my favorites. ♡

      Kate x

      Delete
  5. I'm a Tuesday child too! I loved this post so much <3

    Check out my latest post about: Fashion Week Trends
    http://evaredson.blogspot.it/2016/02/rodarte-fw-2016-top-5-looks.html

    xx
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eva! Thank you for stopping by my blog again. Yay for Tuesday's Child power! ♡

      Kate x

      Delete

ABSOLUTE © 2016 | Template by Blogs & Lattes