Pages

one month blog anniversary!

Monday, February 22, 2016


Today, I am celebrating my one month blog anniversary!


I knew I needed a space to share beauty, to express, to rediscover myself.  I also wanted a place where I could meet other people & hear their stories & ideas.  I have absolutely adored every comment from my readers so far.  I enjoy reading your blogs & being able to see a wee bit of your life.


Only 1 month & 8 posts in, I'm so happy I started my blog.  It was honestly really hard for me.  I'm a sufferer of severe chronic depression, anxiety & OCD.  If you have never suffered from OCD, I can't explain the frustration you experience with OCD nearly every minute of the day.  Something as simple as beginning a blog feels like getting ready to start a marathon, but you have to run back to the start-line over & over & over & over & over again, because your form wasn't perfect enough, or the sun wasn't in the right place, or a bad memory keeps replaying in your head so you can't concentrate on running.  There are some days where you can't finish the race - you sometimes can't even get past the start-line or even begin.


The lovely news is that I was able to begin this time!  And I haven't looked back. I'm running forward & it feels like flying.  I couldn't be more delighted & empowered.  Blogging is quickly becoming my favorite thing.


All those who read my blog, all the views, the comments, the support, the followers, it tickles me pink!  I can't tell you how flattered it makes me.  THANK YOU SO MUCH!  I'm excited to share more of my life, thoughts, & discoveries, & to meet more creative & splendid people like you. I hope you will continue to tag along with me for many, many more months to come!


Toodles for now,


Kate x


PS: If you are sufferer of depression &/or OCD, I hope you know that you are not alone.  You are a beautiful phoenix & you will rise from the ashes! xx

2 comments:

  1. Yay! One month blog anniversary!
    I actually haven't met anyone in my life that suffers OCD. I wonder what it feels like, but by this post, you opened my eyes. It must've been hard sometimes with you guys. I wish you'll continue on going forward, this'll all be worth it. Congrats on your first month!
    Love, Fads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Fahda! ♡ I'm so happy I was able to help you understand a little bit. Mental disorders are still a bit taboo in society right now, but I want to change that. Thanks for stopping by.

      Kate x

      Delete

ABSOLUTE © 2016 | Template by Blogs & Lattes