Pages

Liebster Award!

Monday, February 29, 2016


I have been awarded the Liebster award by Sainab at Step Inside My Handbag!  Thank you, Sainab, for presenting me with this award.

The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers with less than 1000 followers.  It's a wonderful opportunity to discover new blogs!  The word 'Liebster' is German & it has many meanings - sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, & welcome.

Here's how it goes:
  • Recognize 5-11 new bloggers
  • Tell readers 11 facts about me
  • Answer 11 questions that the presenter asks
  • Ask 11 more questions to the bloggers I have nominated
  • Link post back to presenter
Sounds fun & easy enough! Let's get started then...

Alright, 11 facts about yours truly:

one: I am in love with the cello.
two: I name all of my houseplants & flowers.
three: I love wearing dresses.  I hardly ever wear pants, & if I do they are usually leggings.  (go ahead, hate me).
four: I have been living with OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) for 13 years.  I hope to bring more awareness to mental illness on my blog.
five: I am an artist, currently focusing on painting Process Art pieces.
six: There are 14 different kinds of tea in my kitchen right now. I love tea!
seven: I am listening to Cello Concerto, Op. 85 in E Minor by Edward Elgar.
eight: Honestly, I am going through a really dark time right now, but blogging is one of the few things that brings me a lot of light & happiness in my life.
nine: Everyone says I look like Anne Hathaway, which sometimes bothers me, but then I also get Nicole Kidman, & I can live with that.
ten: I am a 'Sagicorn'.  I was born on the cusp of Sagittarius & Capricorn, so I relate to both.  I am technically a Capricorn, though.
eleven: I'm very particular about scents.  They can change my mood instantly & take me to certain places & make me feel like a different person.  I am wearing a perfume called Trance.  It's lovely.  Right now, I am being transported to a spring day in England in a Jane Austen-esque scene or the Lincoln Center in NYC.


And here are the questions that I was asked by Sainab:

- What's your favorite hobby on a Saturday?  My Saturday is actually Sunday.  On Sundays, Matt & I (Matt is my partner) will usually get vegan doughnuts & coffee, or we will go to our favorite vegan French cafe' & spend an afternoon drinking vegan lattes, eating vegan quiche (which they only have on the weekends), enjoy the other vegan French pastries, & Matt will usually mix his music, & I will read a book or write.  We are there for hours sometimes.  It's really lovely.  So I guess my favorite hobby on Sunday is spending time in a cafe' & reading/writing.
 
- Cats or dogs, which do you prefer?  I love both.  Unfortunately, I am very allergic to cats, & some dogs.  If I were ever to adopt one (because adoption is the way to go!) I would try to get a dog that doesn't shed or one that has hair, not fur.  A poodle would be parfait!
 
- Have you ever had a pet?  I consider my houseplants & orchid to be pets.
 
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?  Oh my.  There are so many different possibilities!  I know I would love to still be blogging.  I hope I will have a book published.  Maybe I will be a Performance Art artist.  Or Matt & I will be touring the world in our band.  I don't know.  The world is so big!  The sky is the limit.
 
- What's your favorite food?  There is this specialty vegan cake shop, actually, I'm fortunate enough to have two of these kinds of shops in my city, but there is one in particular that makes the most spectacular vegan chocolate cake.  Matt & I bought one for just me & him once, & then a couple weeks later we bought another one.  It is that good.  And I completely understand if you need to judge the buying of two chocolate cakes for just two rather small human beings.  We judged ourselves, too.
 
- How long can you hold your breath for?  Hold on, let me check...

33 seconds.  This is why I was a diver, not a swimmer.

- Your favorite toy as a child?  Dress ups!
 
- Tell me about a happy memory:  During one of our dates together in the beginning of our early relationship, Matt & I got lost in the mountains & forest.  We weren't scared at all.  I felt really safe with him & the forest was so pretty & green.  We spent the afternoon wandering around, he found a daisy, picked it & put it in my hair & then kissed me.  And then we found a meadow & ran, skipped, & danced around in it.  The weather was so warm & soft.  The grass smelled so sweet.  It was dreamlike.
 
- Now an embarrassing one:  Yesterday, I posted on social media, excitedly, that the Oscars Red Carpet was starting, 3 hours before it actually was supposed to start.  I started browsing all of the Oscar sites, looking for the first red carpet arrivals.  It took me about 10 minutes to figure out what was going on.  When I'm on a crimson wave, I am really loopy.
  
- What's your dream country to travel to?  Wales.  I want to explore the hills & forests to find inspiration for my music & art.
 
- Can you swim?  Yes, but I love diving more.


 My 11 questions for my nominees:

  1. What inspired you to begin blogging?
  2. What is your favorite book?
  3. What do you love most about the place where you live?
  4. What is your favorite season?
  5. Do you have a favorite musician/band?
  6. Who is your inspiration?
  7. Mermaids or Unicorns?
  8. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
  9. What is your favorite song?
  10. What is one thing people would be surprised to learn about you?
  11. Who is your favorite Instagram account?

And finally...
My nominations!!!

Eva from Eva Redson

Priyanka from Petals of Beauty

Amy from Pale Aspiration

Chrissy from Chapter 7 

Niamh from Little but Fierce 

Congratulations to each of you! ♡ I have thoroughly enjoyed discovering & reading your blogs.  If you would like to accept this award, remember to tag me in your post & let me know when it's up!

Make sure to drop by each of these nominees blogs!  Each one has so much thought & love put into it.  Happy reading! 

Toodles for now,

Kate x

6 comments:

  1. This is so lovely! Thank you so much Kate 😘 You're a prime example of how amazing the blogging community is and I can't wait to get started on the follow up post. I'll be sure to let you know when it's up!

    Thanks again Kate!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome, Chrissy! And thank you so much for your sweet words! I am really excited to see your post & learn more about you.

      Kate x

      Delete
  2. This is a great post, so nice to know a little bit about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Kate! You don't know how much this means to me - it's hard getting some support from fellow bloggers as a newbie. You've made my day and I can't stop smiling!! - Niamh xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy I was able to make your day, Niamh! I totally understand the struggle. I think part of the beauty & fun in blogging is creating & finding a blog community & building friendships within it. You definitely have my support!

      Kate x

      Delete

ABSOLUTE © 2016 | Template by Blogs & Lattes