Pages

january favorites

Wednesday, February 3, 2016


I have always wanted to do a 'favorites' post, I think it's such a fun & lovely way to be introduced to new products & it helps me find my 'staples'. I want to make 'monthly favorites' posts a normal part of my blog, & I'm still trying to figure out if I want it to be exclusively beauty products, or just things & items I have been rather keen on throughout the month. Let me know what you would like to see. :)

For this month, I have a different range of items, mostly beauty, but there are a couple non-beauty related items that tickled my fancy in January.


My most favorite item & constant companion in January was this super chic, super cute purse from Modcloth. It is called the Lovely & Lush Bag, & you can still find it at Modcloth for $30. It has velvety fabric & embroidered, gold eyelashes. The kitty ears make me giddy inside! The long gold chain adds such a chic flare to it. I can wear a very casual outfit, like a white or black tee shirt & jeans, & this bag instantly makes my outfit look more polished. It's very small, but I don't like carrying that much with me anyway. I am able to carry my small wallet, a perfume stick, lip balm, lip stick, a pen, my phone, & my hand lotion in this adorable feline bag. So if you are looking for a stylish & minimalist purse, this is the one for you!


With the colder, dryer weather, my hands have been suffering so much & get dry & chapped very easy. I cannot leave the house without lotion, & I'm constantly applying lotion to my hands at home. I need deeply moisturizing lotion & it absolutely must smell lovely. I really loved the deep steep body butter in brown sugar vanilla. This body butter smells divine! It is warm & sweet, it's perfect for winter. It has a cozy scent & it is incredibly moisturizing & it isn't very oily like other body butters I've tried. The ingredients are non-toxic & it's cruelty-free. You can order online or find the brand in a natural foods store. I found mine at Whole Foods. It's practically empty so I will be picking up another bottle soon!


If you read my 100 Percent Pure haul, you will recognize this item. I ordered the 100 Percent Pure Lip Glaze in Rose Hip in January. This is my go-to color for natural, everyday look. It is almost the exact color of my natural lip color, & it glides on so smoothly. It's kind of like a mix between lip stick & lip gloss. It is more on the lip stick side, just a bit more smooth & moisturizing, but that doesn't compromise the color or pigment at all. They have many other shades if you want to try the Lip Glaze. If rosy tones look good on you, this is a wonderful color. And it's natural, vegan, & cruelty-free.


This concealer is also from my haul post. It is the Brightening Concealer in Creme from 100 Percent Pure. In the past, concealers have never worked for me. They don't sit well on my skin & ends up looking flakey within a few minutes after application. I decided to give this concealer a try, because I have loved 100 Percent Pure products for a while. I have been delighted with the results of this concealer & how well it blends with my skin & foundation that I wear. It really does brighten, especially around the eyes, & it has restored my faith in concealers! Yay!


I don't know about you, but I am loving this 'no hair washing' trend! My hair is looking incredible & beautiful - it's soft, thick, long, no split-ends, luscious. But, this could not be possible without dry shampoo! Many dry shampoos I've tried in the past will only last for a couple hours after I put it in my hair, & then it's an oily mess again. In my Petit Vour beauty box from December (I think?) I received this little gem - the One Love Organics Healthy Locks Dry Shampoo. This is the sample size, but I loved it so much that I bought the full size at petitvour.com! Yes, it's $30, you're probably thinking how could you ever justify spending $30 on dry shampoo? Three words: Clean, Volume, Vibrance! Not only does this magical powder quickly clean up the oiliness from my hair, after not washing for three, four, five days, but it also adds so much volume, which is really nice when your hair becomes flat after a day or two like mine. And I personally feel like this dry shampoo adds a vibrancy to the colors & highlights in my hair. It's the best dry shampoo I have ever tried & I will continue to purchase it in the future. With how well it works, I think the price is completely justifiable. Your hair will thank you!


My next favorites item is also another hair product. I use henna to dye my hair & I also use a shampoo that uses henna in it to maintain the color. I love using the ShiKai brand. I saw this Henna Gold Highlighting Conditioner at my natural foods store & I was really curious to try it. After my first use, I immediately saw a difference in my hair. The natural tones & highlights of my hair were instantly more visible & vibrant. It added a beautiful shine & silkiness. I want to flip my hair back & forth & watch it glimmer in the sunlight! I love catching rays in my hair after I've used this product. It also has an accompanying shampoo, which I would like to try in the future, but for now this conditioner is an absolute staple in my hair care routine. The product is non-toxic & cruelty-free.


My last favorites item is this cute journal. I found this Cavallini Eiffel Tower journal at Barnes & Noble a couple years ago, but I never used it until January. You can find it at Paper Source. It's small & pretty. It's perfect to jot down notes, lists, or ideas. I keep all of my blog ideas & daily to-do lists in here. The pages are lined, so it makes writing easier. I tend to write at a slant downwards if I don't have a line to follow! It looks very pretty on my bedroom dresser & I am motivated to use it because it's so French & lovely! It's easy to take with me places, too, because of it's size. I can't believe I haven't used it until now! It's tres chic!


I know it sounds silly, but I feel like you learn a little bit about yourself when you put together things you fancied for the last little while. I feel like this month (February) I will be much more conscious of the things I use & why I use them, like them, etc. I had lots of fun making this post & finding my favorites. Let me know what item was your favorite in a comment below! xx

Links for products:

Toodles for now,

Kate x

10 comments:

  1. Great post! :-)

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cat bag is so cute!
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! It is seriously glued to me everywhere I go! :) Thank you for the comment.

      Kate x

      Delete
  3. I can't believe you can fit all of that into that tiny purse! Amazing. What a great find.
    Taylor
    http://foreverlywild.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised with how much I could put in it! It's just enough room for all my essentials. Thank you for the comment! I'm excited to check out your blog.

      Kate x

      Delete
  4. Just found your blog!! It's so cute. I love beauty monthly favourites. Can I ask where you got the font for your blog post pictures? It's so pretty 💜

    Chrissy x
    Chaptersevern.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina! I'm so happy you found my blog! Thank you for stopping by. :) I get my font from a website called www.picmonkey.com. I use the font called 'coffeebreak', but it requires a membership fee of $4.99 a month to be able to access it. I've used picmonkey for over a year now, & I really love it. It makes designing easy.

      PS I love your blog! I will have to bookmark it or follow you on Bloglovin'.

      Kate x

      Delete
  5. Beautiful things and great blog :)

    ReplyDelete

ABSOLUTE © 2016 | Template by Blogs & Lattes